Clinical Data Analyst (a.k.a. Data Detective)
Humedica is the foremost clinical intelligence company that provides private cloud-based business solutions to the health care industry. The environment is aggressive, fast paced and innovative. We are looking for smart, innovative individuals who will take ownership of their responsibilities, work collaboratively and always look for ways to add to the personal and professional growth of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our analysts are “data detectives”, and are responsible for:
- ”Owning” a client implementation from the data perspective – this means:
- Understanding the client’s data in its own native format in client-side data structures
- Writing specifications for engineers regarding how to process the client data
- Assisting in the implementation of the client until their go-live
- Continuing to trouble shoot or work on updates thereafter
- Specific implementation tasks include:
- Determine how the data is structured. Each set of data is unique in how the data is stored, and it is the analyst’s job to understand it for their clients’ data
- Learn the client data (EMR, claims, etc) to locate data elements of interest to our application. Sometimes this is as simple as identifying what table and field the data element is stored in. Complex cases involve reconciliation of data in multiple locations, and clever ways of imputing information from sub-par data.
- Map client terminologies to Humedica standard concepts.
- Work closely with terminology specialists in domains such as lab and medication data
- Work closely with engineering and operations teams areas as the client is implemented to answer questions and resolve data issues that arise
Required Experience and Skills
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about using information technology to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of the healthcare system. The candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Master’s degree, or work equivalent, in health sciences, health information systems, computer science, or mathematics
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical data analysis or management experience
- Highly analytical – enjoys solving mysteries
- Enjoys a fast paced environment and the opportunity to quickly learn new skills
- Very detail oriented, with careful attention to work processes
- Working knowledge of health information systems
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database systems
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a team
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and follows through hand-offs to other groups
- Ability to analyze user requests, define requirements, develop project plans and report conclusions
- Experience with or an interest in learning to work with complex health care databases
- Good organizational, and written and oral communications skills
- Competence with PCs and Windows Office applications
Additional Desirable Experience and Skills
- Intermediate/Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of clinical processes and vocabulary
- Education that included courses in mathematics or computer science
Our culture is intellectually rigorous, focused on solving daunting analytical and technical challenges while supporting employees to maintain a healthy balance of hard work and fun. We pride ourselves on the quality of our employees, the importance of our mission and the clients we serve.
Our compensation plans are highly competitive including salary and comprehensive benefits.